The SAL follows all USA Hockey Rules and Regulations.
In addition, the following Rules are enforced at all times.
- Any player who receives 3 penalties in a single game will be ejected for the remainder of the game. This rule applies to all divisions.
- Any player removed from a game for fighting will receive an automatic 2 game suspension and must sit their next two games with the team the penalty was served from. Those players rostered on more than one team will not be able to participate with any other teams until the suspension has been completed. Players who receive a second suspension for fighting will have to sit out the next 4 games with the team the penalty was received from. The 2/4 game fighting rule applies to all games played at both the SAL and AAHL. THIS APPLIES TO ALL DIVISIONS.
Any player receiving a match penalty will be required to attend a state disciplinary hearing. You will have to sit the required game(s) from the team in which the penalty was received. If you are rostered on another team, you will be unable to participate with that team until your suspension has been completed.
League management has the right to impose additional penalties at any time.
- No player in the Novice division may score more than 2 goals in a game. This rule has been instituted to limit players who have strong ability but choose to Sandbag.
- USA Hockey Membership is required by all skaters. USA Hockey fees for 2020-2021 are $55 per skater. Players will need to register with USA Hockey directly on-line, instructions on how to do this are included with this packet. Proof of insurance must be given to League Director before players can play. It is the player’s responsibility to supply their USA Hockey confirmation.
- All Players are required to wear a Face Shield. A minimum of a half shield is required for all divisions. Any player not wearing a half shield, PROPERLY ATTACHED, and in the down position will not be allowed to play. Novice players are REQUIRED to wear a FULL FACE SHIELD.
- Protective Gear is required: Due to potential for injury, it is necessary for all participants to wear protective gear, as required by USA Hockey Regulations. See USA Hockey rule 304 for required equipment.
- Team Members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner on and off the ice. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated toward referees, facility employees, and arena patrons. Failure to comply may result in suspension of a team for one or more games. Any individuals taking part in abusive behavior may also be suspended from the arena at the discretion of arena management.
Jerseys are not provided for teams. It is recommended that each team have a light and dark jersey on hand for each game. ALL players must wear a number matching the number provided on the official roster.
Referees: Two certified referees will be scheduled for each game. Due to the large number of teams/games, refs are not always available. Games will NOT be rescheduled due to lack of refs.
Scorekeepers: Every effort will be made to have a scorekeeper available.
Player ID Cards
All adult players in the Anchorage Area are required to have an Alaska State Hockey Association picture ID card to participate in any game. Players will need to hand these cards in to the ref/scorekeeper at the beginning of each game. Cards will be returned after the game is done. If a player receives a game misconduct or match penalty, their card will not be returned until the penalty time has been served. Any ID card found to be altered in any way will be confiscated by the score keeper / referee / league management and that player will not be able to play until a new card is obtained.
Cost for the cards will be $10. Replacement cards will cost $25 for the first replacement and successive replacements will be $50 each.
Play It Again Sports on Spenard Road is now the official Alaska State Hockey ID Card supplier. Cards will be printed while you wait. No emailed images will be accepted for the new cards – you must physically go to the office.
You may contact Play It Again Sports at 278-7529 with questions or visit their store at 2636 Spenard Road in Anchorage.
Players will not be allowed on the ice if they do not have an ID card.
Players (along with their Captains) caught using another players card will face disciplinary action, and up to 5 game suspension each.
Any ID card found to be altered in any way will be confiscated by the scorekeeper/referee or league management. That player will not be allowed to play until a new card has been obtained.
To Register with USA Hockey:
- Go to https://membership.usahockey.com/ and click “Register Now”
- Confirm Age
- Choose Player/Coach
- Follow the instructions and once the player/coach is registered USA Hockey will email and also allow the player/coach to print out their confirmation page
- Provide a copy of your confirmation number to the League Director(s) online at https://www.omalleysports.com/adult-hockey-registration/.
Please allow at least 2 business days (48 hours) to process the roster changes/updates. Roster updates MUST be done by noon on Fridays for weekend games, no roster adjustments will occur on Saturday or Sunday.