The Anchorage hockey community has, until recently, been relatively unaffected by COVID-19. Several players participating at local arenas have recently tested positive for COVID-19 after participating in local tournaments. The virus has entered our circle, so to speak.
O’Malley Ice & Sports Center put a COVID Mitigation Plan in place when we reopened in May, and that plan has been updated regularly in response to new information about the virus and new developments within the community. A copy of our most recently revised COVID Mitigation Plan can be found below.
While we do have ongoing mitigation procedures in place to help combat the spread of virus we need the help and cooperation of our patrons if we are to effectively slow the spread of the virus and remain open in the coming weeks and months.
We ask all those who enter our facilities to:
- Wear masks or face coverings;
- Sign the guest book in the lobby when entering the building;
- Maintain social distance (6 feet in common areas, 10 feet on the ice and courts);
- Maintain social distance in locker rooms or dress at home and change into skates in the lobby;
- Not participate in post-game handshakes as per USA Hockey mandates;
- Comply with dressing room schedule and vacate within 20 minutes of game time to allow our staff time to clean for the next users;
- Obey posted boundaries (closed areas and employee-only areas);
- Stay home if you or anyone you’ve had close contact with is symptomatic or has had a positive COVID-19 test.
Starting October 8, 2020, dressing rooms will be closed to youth participants age 18 and under. Youth participants will dress at home and change into skates in the seats provided in the lobby.
Some other areas of the facility are closed to users until further notice. Most notable among these is the running track. Other closed areas will be marked as off limits.
We ask for your patience and cooperation to help us stay open. We also appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we navigate these unusual times.
A copy of our COVID Mitigation Plan is posted on the bulletin board in the entry to both buildings and is included below. If you have any questions about current policy feel free to as any of our staff.